What’s your perfect outfit? 5 essential tips to picking your perfect party outfit from Joy Gregory – The style and confidence coach for women who want to look their best. If you want to discover your body shape, a colour analysis, or personal shop The Style Guide are on hand to help!
As women, Christmas is a time of the year when we put so much pressure on ourselves to pick that dazzling, perfect, outfit. It can be THE only time of year we get dressed up and have the added stress of dressing out of our comfort zone in front of our professional, corporate, colleagues. Some of you might wear uniforms day to day and the thought of ‘dressing up’ fills you with dread.
Here are my top tips when purchasing your festive outfit, keeping stress to a minimum and giving yourself the best chance of looking and feeling fantastic.
• Identify where your event is and what the climate will be? Will you need to wrap up walking to the pub, or be in a hotel on a hot and sweaty dance floor? Your outfit needs to be tailored to your environment
• Short list 3 options before starting to shop. Regardless of whether you’re shopping online or in person, for example, dress, jumpsuit or skirt.
• Pick your outfit based on your body shape. Don’t just take a stab in the dark with the latest trends. Consciously select the style you buy based on your shape.
• Make sure whatever you buy feels like you and is AUTHENTIC. If it is the only time of year you dress all girly and it feels slightly out of your comfort zone, still make sure it feels like you.
• Before you buy ANYTHING, decide on what footwear you are planning to wear. If you don’t have appropriate footwear, buy it before or WITH your party outfit. You will ruin your night if you don’t have comfortable feet and it can ruin an outfit if your footwear isn’t working with your body shape.