This will be the seventh year the Chatsworth Road Festival takes place.
Between Thu 5 and Sunday 8 October local groups, clubs, organisations, and businesses will put on events and promotions to celebrate where we live.
The festival is abit unique as there’s no village green where we can meet, with bands playing, carnival parades, stalls, cakes and activities, so the guys who organise it refer to it as a ‘celebration’. There will be bunting I’m sure, hung by those taking part and you’re never likely to be more than six feet from a cake or two!
It really is about promoting the businesses and organisations near to Chatsworth Road, about celebrating the variety and mak
ing people aware of what’s on offer.
The area is a real gem with great pubs, restaurants and an eclectic mix of shops that sell everything from wellingtons to wedding dresses and award-winning cakes to “fairtrade” coffee.
We’ll be keeping you posted of events in next month’s edition and the festival website and social media sites contain all that’s known. You can always check out windows (yes real shop windows) and websites of businesses as their involvement grows.
A few things we know already are:
- The Brampton Food Market on Saturday 7th October at the St Thomas’ Centre will again host a number of annual ‘pop-up’ stalls, plus the popular ‘Towers Tours’
- Collect an exclusively printed shoebox and buy some contents to send to a child in need at the OCC Shoebox Shopping Day.
- Ashes Hair Salon will be holding a cake sale for Ashgate Hospice on the Thursday and Friday.
- The Barrel Inn are holding a black-tie charity casino night on Saturday 7th October, raising funds for Nenna Kind Cancer Support based in Chesterfield.
- Blanc Occasion – recently voted 2016/17 “Best new store” – will host a fundraising fashion show on Wednesday 11 October in aid of the new Retreat at The Royal.
To keep up to date visit FB: Chatsworth-Road-Festival (make sure it’s not the Hackney one though!) or call Howard Borrell on 01246 221400 or 0790 415 2743.
Photo: Helen Rowan Photography